American Tower Oracle EBS Principal Business Analyst in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Principal Business Analyst ("Principal BA"), with little or no supervision, provides broad functional and technical expertise within mulitple business areas in the review, analysis, development and implementation of business processes and applications. Principal BAs bring expert knowledge to the design, implementation and modification of multiple custom applications or Oracle modules, consults on resolution of complex production problems and identifies ways to take full advantage of new products and new releases of current products. The Principal BA proactively identifies ways to streamline IT processes and improve the quality of customer services. The Principal BA may function as Project Manager for IT-related activities for large projects or as Project Manager for other projects.
- Readily share knowledge and expertise, while advising Business Analysts, to assist with application functionality and solution design.
- Provide functional and technical expertise within multiple business areas, and provide strategic, forward-looking vision when configuring or customizing solutions to maintain flexibility and future integration opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications for complex cross-functional projects to design the best solution for business needs. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements and challenging the status quo.
- Lead design reviews and participate in code reviews.
- Lead other IT staff and internal customers in new product reviews, tests and pilots. Evaluate new products and provide recommendations.
- Provide consulting support on strategic and long-term solutions.
- Conduct peer reviews of project deliverables to ensure high-quality solutions and deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong and productive business relationships and network with key internal and external colleagues.
- Create networks of senior internal and external colleagues to maintain relationships and stay current on industry developments.
- Proactively researche industry developments and leverage them in own work
- Manage projects in accordance with internal project lifecycle process. Identify ahead of time any issues with timelines or completion of projects and work with Project Management Organization and internal customers to address.
- Maintain all project tasks through the production ticket system or project server on a weekly basis. Keep Project Manager informed of any issues.
- Create or assist with the creation and execution of cross-functional test scripts to ensure after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades that production issues are minimal.
- Facilitate the business and operational readiness for deployment of systems and process changes and introduction of new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expert knowledge of information technologies and methodologies, particularly with multiple application systems
- Proficient in project management techniques and experience on cross-functional projects
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and related tools (e.g., Visio, Project, OneNote, SnagIt, UPK, etc.)
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-directed, able to work in a team, independently and motivate and mentor others
- Understanding of relational databases and advanced queries and table structures
- Expert knowledge of multiple applications or modules and multiple business processes
- Ability to understand IT and business concepts and recommend the best solution to support changing business needs
- Ability to understand, follow and recommend significant improvements to IT processes
- Ability to leverage eight or more tools from the BABOK Business Analysis Body of Knowledge
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the position's expectations and responsibilities are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or related experience strongly preferred
- Minimum nine years professional experience in business analysis, application design, implementation, and support or as a super user or auditor
- Experience in tower industry, operations, leasing or real estate preferred
- If supporting financial applications, prior experience in finance and accounting environment preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 0-5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Analyst Principal Business
Title: Oracle EBS Principal Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 180000I2
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.