Express Scripts Patient Access Representative II - Accredo in Tempe, Arizona
Have you heard? Express Scripts and Accredo Specialty Pharmacy are now part of Cigna. Together, we’ve got big plans. We want to change health care to make it more affordable, more personalized, and more focused on helping the whole person to achieve better health outcomes. And that’s only the beginning. Read on to learn more about working with us.
As a Patient Access Representative II , you’ll be part of a dedicated team which helps our specialty pharmacy patients coordinate their medication needs and pharmacy insurance coverage for complex medical conditions such as HIV, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer. This role is on the front lines with patients and doctors offices, responding to phone inquiries and addressing each with care, detail, and most importantly, empathy.
Here’s a little more on how you’ll make a difference:
- Help patients get the medication they need. Use the knowledge you gain from training, your problem-solving skills and support from your team to answer patient calls effectively. You’ll coordinate and ensure services are covered under insurance coverage and talk to patients about their deductibles, co-payments, and authorizations.
- Interact directly with healthcare providers. You’ll research issues on benefits coverage with pharmacist and doctors’ office and provide guidance to our patients about medication coverage.
- Juggle multiple tasks without sacrificing attention to detail. You will be busy handling multiple requests at any given time as well as documenting information from your conversations in our computer system.
What You Should Have:
- High School Diploma / GED required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Health care experience with knowledge of medical insurance and terminology is preferred and will make you successful in this role!
- General PC knowledge including experience working with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
What you’ll love about working here:
- Fun, friendly, and unique culture – Bring your whole self to work every day!
- Great working environment in our Dublin office
- Choice of three unique medical plans
- Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Contributions for HRA and HSA accounts
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities.
We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.