The Jewish Board Case Assistant in Staten Island, New York
The Case Assistant will work alongside the Office Manager to assist with matters relating to our resident population.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Routinely enter client data into various data bases.
* Data enter incidents that take place during school time into Altrac.
* Provide supervision during family visits.
* Transport residents to various appointments.
* Make home visits specifically geared to involve a client or client groups in the helping function of the Agency.
* May make routine community contacts on behalf of a social worker, e.g., school reports, medical reports, police reports, etc.
* Manage and update department database(s).
* Assist with Inventory.
* Answer calls, take accurate messages and route calls to the appropriate party. Take accurate, detailed messages where necessary.
* Will complete tasks associated with a Milieu Counselors position such as escorting a resident on an appointment, supervising resident in the residence and community, & assisting in time of crisis.
* Will complete tasks associated with that of a clerical position, such as filling, data entry and supply storage.
* Errands into the community related to program functioning.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma.
* Ability to perform a helping role.
* Ability to support the milieu and social work department in times of crisis by supervising residents and assisting with therapeutic holds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT:
* lifting, may be required to perform a resident hold,
* Driver’s license required.