Express Scripts Telephonic Nurse Clinician, Accredo in St. Louis, Missouri
This position works onsite in our St. Louis office. The primary purpose of this position is to provide telephonic education to patients and caregiver following the Program Guidelines and working within the nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Perform Clinical Assessment and provide disease and drug specific education to the patient and caregiver .
- The Clinician is responsible for documenting the assessment and any clinical intervention according to the program protocols and nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Collect clinical data as determined by the Clinical Programs and nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Report Adverse Drug Events that have been experienced by the patient in accordance with the FDA and Pharmaceutical requirements.
- When clinically necessary , contact the patient’s treating physician to inform him/her of any previously unreported new disease state specific symptom(s), medication adherence issues and any other health related matters that were identified on the Clinical Assessment.
- Assist the Clinical Department with new hire training and mentoring to ensure adherence to processes and procedures.
- Assist the clinical leadership team with developing training documents.
- Assist with the coordination of care between prescriber offices and patients for the prescribed medication.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs andprocedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Registered Nursing License required
- College Degree preferred or 8-11 years of relevant experience required.
- 2-5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license in state of relevance.
- Ability to work onsite in the St. Louis office.
- Program hours are 7:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday. Employee must be available to work 8 ½ hours shifts beginning between the hours of 7am and 11:30am.
- Active, unrestricted Nursing license in the state of Missouri.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of Sleep Medicine, Neurology, Pulmonology, or Pediatrics.
- Good phone etiquette and previous telephonic clinician work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service. Good interpersonal, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, detail orientation and the ability to adapt in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.