Express Scripts Sr. IT Oracle Systems DBA in St. Louis, Missouri
Express Scripts is looking for a talented Sr. Oracle systems database administrator interested in transitioning into open source database technologies: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and more. Under the guidance of the NextGen Database Sr. Manager, the Sr. Oracle Systems DBA will collaborate with his team and customers, providing a key role in helping to lead open source database projects and in designing open source database solutions.
The ideal candidate has systems database administration experience, a passion for learning and growing in the open source database/development space, and Linux server administration experience. Development and/or automation experience a big plus.
The successful candidate will help to maintain in-depth subject matter expertise and domain knowledge with regard to open source database capabilities. The Sr. Oracle Systems DBA will assist in process optimization, and assess progress through data-driven metrics.
- Manage and maintain database servers in all environments
- Design, document, develop and implement redundancy and fail-over strategies
- Provide support for software upgrade and patching
- Design, document, develop and implement backup/restoration strategies per data retention requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with application and system teams to determine dependency management, visualization and improved operations
- Automate processes to manage and maintain open source database servers in development and production environments
- Capture, document, analyze and comprehend requirements
- Administer and support tooling and associated methods to support open source processes and procedures
- Mentor junior team members to develop talent on the NextGen Database team
- Provide day to day guidance and direction to contingent workers
- Provide insight to team leadership regarding best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8-10 years experience as an Oracle DBA
- Oracle systems database and Linux administration experience
Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
Experience with database performance, scaling, clustering, and tuning concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Strong customer service focus
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, and familiarity with firewalls, hubs, routers, switches, DNS, gateways, load balancing and basic network analysis/troubleshooting
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise-wide
- Ability to quickly learn new database technologies that the team supports.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation, and prioritization skills
- Proven track record of implementing small changes that have measurable impact
- Development experience with Python, Ansible, Angular and Django a plus
- Experience designing and developing Database as a Service (DBaaS) technologies a plus
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful
- Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 100 million people we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.