UBS Financial Services Investment Banking Analyst - Leveraged Capital Markets in New York, New York
Are you solution oriented? Do you always have an eye toward improving processes? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– identify and meet client needs, coordinating with client coverage teams and the leveraged finance sales force
– develop pitch book presentations and market update materials
– manage the sales force to syndicate and track new issue leveraged finance transactions
– spot problems, generate options and recommend solutions (you’re a contingency planner by nature)
The candidate will be expected to:
– develop strong relationships with sales people and buy side accounts, as well as develop leadership and analytical skills through hands on transaction experience in order to address client needs
– prepare and distribute Weekly Leveraged Capital Market Updates to internal colleagues and external clients
– maintain bank debt and high yield primary issuance databases
– provide market intelligence to internal and external clients
– work with the sales force in calling on institutional investors and hedge funds to achieve successful distribution of transactions
– provide transaction support from the preliminary underwriting stage through closing
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Leveraged Capital Markets team in New York City. We provide high yield and leveraged loan capital and advisory services to private equity firms and corporates in financing transactions which may include LBO, refinancing and recapitalization transactions. The team works alongside investment banking industry teams and the broader Leveraged Finance team to execute transactions. Additionally, the group works closely with the sales force to syndicate risk.
– a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
– ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as contributor to multiple teams
– strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
– strong excel and PowerPoint proficiency to quickly manipulate and clearly present data
– knowledge of market data services like Bloomberg, Advantage Data, Markit and LCD News a plus
– a great communicator
– always looking to expand your skill set, including relationship building
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182664BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Investment Banking Analyst - Leveraged Capital Markets
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Investment Banking