WMS Gaming Inc. Manager, IT System Enhancement Request Prioritization in Las Vegas, Nevada
Manager, IT System Enhancement Request Prioritization
Job ID #:IRC8522Location:Las Vegas, NV
Functional Area:Information Technology
Position Type:Full Time Regular
Job Summary: The Manager of IT intake and prioritization will interface with all enterprise wide business units for all IT applications. The manager is responsible for implementation of the IT system enhancement request prioritization process. Evaluate IT work authorization based on formal cost benefit analysis and cross comparison to the IT work request base. The manager will be positioned as gate controller into the IT solution work queue through establishment and leadership of a change control board that authorizes request progressions. The manager will partner with IT development managers to monitor resource availability in order to balance IT intake requests approvals. The position will meet regularly with Quality office and business stake holders to provide IT Intake activity status reports.
Essential Job Functions:
• Monitor incoming IT system enhancement requests
• Investigate and analyze business need driving the request
• Evaluate enterprise benefits through cost benefit analysis
• Perform comparison evaluations with existing enhancement projects
• Assign prioritization ranking to requests based on overall enterprise value
• Communicate prioritization results to requestor
• Lead a change control board to control progression of requests into the IT solution work queue
• Partner with IT PMO to organize IT work efforts based on prioritization sequence
• Partner with Quality and IT PMO to provide status reports to senior leadership regarding IT Intake system enhancement requests.
• Identify key performance metrics that align IT system enhancement requests to long term corporate strategies, as set forth by executive management.
Education:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering. Graduate degree in Business Administration preferred.
• 7+ years IT system development and evaluation experience, inclusive of financial modeling to evaluate investment opportunities.
• Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
• Ability to lead a change control board activities and communicate outcomes
• Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SharePoint for creating and handling support tickets
• Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Strong ability to compare/contrast merits of IT system enhancement requests and communication of prioritization results to senior business leaders
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Use of Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint
• Microsoft Office, Visio
• Managing requests in a software application
• Office Environment
• May require some evenings and weekends as necessary
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click hereEEOC Poster.