Express Scripts Customer Service Representative - Prior Authorization in Fairfield, Ohio
Customer Service Representative - Prior Authorization
Have you heard? Express Scripts is now part of Cigna. Together, we’ve got big plans. We want to change health care to make it more affordable, more personalized, and more focused on helping the whole person to achieve better health outcomes. And that’s only the beginning. Read on to learn more about working with us.
As a Prior Authorization Representative , you’ll help our members by reviewing medication requests from their doctors and pharmacists. You’ll be part of a dedicated team which provides information regarding pharmacy benefits and drug coverage. This role is on the front lines with patients and doctors offices, responding to phone inquiries and addressing each with care, detail, and most importantly, empathy.
Here’s a little more on how you’ll make a difference:
- Help patients understand their pharmacy benefits better. Use the knowledge you gain from training, your problem-solving skills and support from your team to answer patient calls effectively.
- Help patients get the medication they need. You’ll research issues on benefits coverage with pharmacist and doctors’ office and provide guidance to our patients about medication coverage.
- Juggle multiple tasks without sacrificing attention to detail. You will be busy handling multiple requests at any given time as well as documenting information from your conversations in our computer system.
What You Should Have:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to work Monday through Friday 1:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
What you’ll love about working here:
- Fun, friendly, and unique culture – Bring your whole self to work every day!
- Choice of three unique medical plans
- Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Contributions for HRA and HSA accounts
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of helping to achieve a more sustainable health care system and better health for all. Members of this team are on the front line every day – interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.