Express Scripts Clinical Programs Patient Advisor in Fairfield, Ohio
Provide operational support for multiple programs within the Express Scripts clinical product portfolio, including but not limited to ScreenRx, Advanced Opioid Management, and several other programs that engage patients, providers, caregivers and clients to promote better health outcomes. In doing so, the Patient Advisor will need to be fluent about the intricacies of each program and be able to document activity in company databases.
- Responsible for validating potential clinical and/or financial opportunities using scripted questions. Forward all potential clinical opportunities to a pharmacist to address.
- Engage members to educate them about more effective ways to manage cost and to take better advantage of their prescription benefit.
- Handle refill requests, launch faxes, and may also leverage digital platforms (emails, texting) to communicate with patients as appropriate.
- Using pharmacy and benefit plan knowledge, will be responsible for managing a broad spectrum of member inquiries related to plan design, order status, specific account information, and other matters in accordance with company standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other established guidelines.
- Enters complete and accurate records into the appropriate systems for all contacts.
- Work collaboratively with other Clinical Programs employees to ensure that best practices are shared.
- Participate on special projects or other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Be registered or registry eligible through the appropriate state’s board of pharmacy (if required by state law) upon hire or transfer.
- Must have ability to maintain active licensure throughout time in position.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Internet with the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems simultaneously.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate in communicating prescription request clearly.
- Ability to provide exceptional listening and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrate dependability, self-motivation and goal-orientation.
- Ability to positively represent ESI’s vision and values when interacting with customers and members.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.